Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lovely as a Tree






It has been a long time and my poor blog has been very very neglected. On the up side I have been enjoying the weather and keeping busy:) I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer so far! I have to admit I am soooo excited, Stampin' UP! has some very exciting things happening over the next few weeks.....the new catalogue is coming out and I feel like a kid at Christmas! I just can't wait...LOL! I have many projects to share with you, so check back the updates will be happening more frequently for the next bit as I try to catch up and share.

I grouped some cards that my mom, aunt and I made with the Lovely as a Tree set. These cards make fabulous masculine cards.....always a challenge...lol. Or they are great as Christmas cards as well. I plan to make some with white glitter to look like snow at Christmas time.

We tried different colouring techniques to get slightly different effects. The tall Christmas tree was coloured using water colour crayons. Stamp the tree in stazon ink, it helps to minimize the bleeding, and colour with 3 water colour crayons. Using the aqua painter blend the colours together. It gives it a very natural look.

The oak tree with the tear across the bottom was a card that I did at one of my club workshops. Everyone was intimidated by the card, but once they saw how easy it was they dove right in! I wish I had taken a picture because all of the trees turn out slightly different but equally as beautiful. We have been experimenting colouring with different techniques and we have really enjoyed it! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it....it's easier than it looks :)

No comments: