Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Priceless



I am so excited right now! My order of new goodies is arriving tomorrow! I can't wait to play with my Big Shot and my new stamps! Like a kid in a candy store!!!! lol! This is one of the projects I made earlier this summer. The Priceless set is one of the most versatile sets I have. I have made so many cards and they all look so different. I randomly stamped the circle and the flowers in chocolate chip, pale plum and perfect plum ink, on whisper white card stock. The Happy stamp is from the It's All Good stamp set on page 148 of the new catalogue. To accentuate the Happy I took a piece of Pale Plum card stock and punched a 1 1/4" circle in it; then I took the scallop circle punch and punched around the 1 1/4" circle. The trick is to punch the center circle first. If you punch the scallop first it will be tricky to put the scallop in the punch and center the inner circle. Trust me I tried...lol. I put some brads through Chocolate chip ribbon to hold it in place around the scallop frame. Birthday is from Sincere Salutations set, an oldie but a goodie. I've "borrowed" this set from my Aunt....is it still called borrowing when you don't return it? LOL! I'm just teasing...I will return it...eventually...heheheheheeee. To stamp only one word or part of a stamp colour the rubber stamp with the Marvelous Markers. It helps to breath heavily on the stamp before stamping on the paper. I've been told it re-moistens the ink which is really important if it takes a while to colour in the stamp.
Well it has been a busy summer...I can't believe where the time went; the kids are getting ready to head back to school, I'll be running out back to school shopping.

No comments: